First off, Happy Birthday to me! Today is the day I turn nineteen years old. Since I am turning 19, I thought a good post idea would be to do 19 lessons I have learned in 19 years. I have learned a lot in those 19 years, and most of that was learned the hard way. I am very stubborn as anyone that knows me will tell you if you ask them. Most of my life was spent wishing I was doing something else or wishing that I looked like someone else. Now? I am the most comfortable in my own skin I have ever been, and I am doing exactly what I want to be doing, just on the side now.
19 lessons in 19 years
1. Listen to your parents. They know a lot more than you.
2. Clothes don’t really matter in life.
3. Clothes don’t matter so wear what you want.
4. High school is only temporary, so don’t worry too much about the people there.
5. Life will hit you sooner than you think it will. Start planning.
6. Be yourself because if someone doesn’t like you, that is their problem.
7. Depression is real, so take care of yourself and get help if you need it.
8. People will do anything to get their way.
9. Listen to whatever music you want. Music is great.
10. If you like someone, tell them. They may be too shy to say anything.
11. Not everyone wants to see you happy in life, and they will do their best to make you miserable.
12. Don’t let anyone stop you from doing something you want to. It’s your life.
13. Actions speak louder than words.
14. If someone loves you, they won’t do anything to hurt you. “Baby, I’m sorry” is a lie.
15. People are always one of two things: a lesson or a blessing.
16. Don’t give up on your dreams even if they seem impossible.
17. You make your life what you want it to so have a plan than a backup plan.
18. Make time for the people that are important to you.
19. Dreams can be a reality if you work hard enough, and you may have to do something else you don’t like until you can make your dream a reality.
Which of the 19 Lessons Do You Agree With?
These past 19 years have been pretty cool, and I can’t wait for the next 19 years. When I was five years old, I knew that I wanted to start my dream before I was 19, and I have. I am chasing my dream every day, and I won’t give up on it. The first 19 years taught me a lot, and I can’t imagine what I will learn in the next 19.