The new year is fast approaching us, and I for one am very ready for it. 2017 was a year that taught me so much about myself that I would have never known otherwise. I started college, and I graduated high school.
The New Year is here, and new year resolutions are being made. My family has already made theirs.
It is time for a change. Every year all that is on social media is “new year, new me”. More than half of those resolutions aren’t going to stand the test of time. Many say that they will look for a new job, go to the gym, lose weight, find love, and so many more things that I can’t list them all. This new year, why don’t we all try some new realistic goals?
10 New Year Resolutions To Try
1. Say one nice thing to a stranger or someone close to you every day even if you don’t like them. Sometimes one nice thing can make someone’s day.
2. Volunteer at that place you have been meaning to at least once within the first month of the new year. That’s when they need people, and if you go then, you will be more likely to return.
3. Want to learn something new? Want to make a Youtube channel, bake, or sing? Make an effort daily to put five minutes toward that activity.
4. Throw away that scale. Rather than have a goal weight to get to, aim for how you want to look. Tone whatever you feel like would make you feel better. Weight and Toning are very different things.
5. Want to enjoy life more?Do one new activity a week that you have been saying you want to do. Life shouldn’t be about how much you make a year.
6. Always want to do something but want to save money? There are a million options to do for $10 or less. Just put a little creativity into your plans and see what happens.
7. Does family mean the most to you but you live so far away? Technology is a great invention. Even if you can’t see your favorite aunt in person, you can always FaceTime or Skype her. She will love it just the same.
8. There are so many hobbies out there that finding one is no problem. Google your city or town and see what there is to do from a tourist’s perspective and go from there.
9. Continuing from the last point, you could find a new friend while trying out all those new hobbies you found. People are everywhere doing all sorts of stuff. Go find them.
10. Treat yourself better. No matter if that’s taking a walk and thinking about your day or if it is meditating for an hour. Self-care is so important, and it seems that more and more people are starting to see that.
Did you see anything you liked? Let me Know
Even if you don’t have a New Year’s Resolution, I hope this post inspired you to redo some things or start something new. Life is too short to do nothing or be unhappy. Have that dream that won’t go away? Take a leap of faith and go for it. It may work out.